Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Pixelation Breakdown???

Pixelation Breakdown???

Thomas Ranner 

Joined in September 2014
Posted 25 April 2016 - 22:11 CET

Hi,

I uploaded a picture (you can see it below) and it got rejected. Reason: Too light in lights. Pixelation breakdown and banding in the sky. Lacks contrast.

I don't really see banding but thats not the problem. What the f*** is pixelation breakdown? I have never heard of something like this before...

Can someon describe what this is and how to avoid it? Thanks!

Best regards

Thomas

Attached photos:

KevinR 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 26 April 2016 - 20:12 CET

I don't know eather what it means, but if I need to say what I think it's, that it's a bit to bright, and you can't see the blades in good conditions anymore.

I hope for you that a screener can respond for you and explain what's going on.

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:43 CET

The breakdown into grid squares of a photograph when it has been enlarged beyond its pixel capacity.

Thomas Ranner 

Joined in September 2014
Posted 27 April 2016 - 22:56 CET

Thanks Ray! Strange that it appears as i only resized the picture one time from the original size to 1024px... Maybe too much noise reduction also causes this problem...

Darryl Morrell 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 28 April 2016 - 19:19 CET

too much NR can cause this problem, try denoising before reducing size and before sharpening, thats what i always do

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1472 (56 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.