Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Skyshot requirements

Skyshot requirements

KevinR 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 10 August 2016 - 17:03 CET

Hi all,

First I would like to thanks Michael Carbery for screening my photo.

But I would like to ask you fellow photographers your opinion;

Do you agree with Michael that this should be rejected for skyshot requirements or should I apeal?

I understand it's a bit of boring background but that's what you get when it's grey weather in Holland. I personally like it very much because it's the Orange Pride inc engine vortex

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-8/761401.jpg

Please let me know :-)!! Thanks :-)

ZuluRR 

Joined in July 2014
Posted 10 August 2016 - 17:45 CET

I agree with Michael. IMO its a nice picture, but for AP its too boring + quality is not the best.

PS: Is this picture from last sunday? Because I had a similar situation with this beauty some days ago :D

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 10 August 2016 - 18:58 CET

Kevin, I like the picture very much, maybe a bit too light, and personally I love skyshots but as you know the rules on this website are clear regarding this subject.

Make a print and hang it in your house somewhere, your friends will make you compliments!

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 11 August 2016 - 14:24 CET

Hi Kevin,

As you requested, this is only my opinion, a personal taste. I liked the picture as it is.

But as for a skyshot AP has its own standards which are difficult to pass through in some cases.

Regarding your picture, my suggestion is to give it a tighter crop in order to keep highlighting the Orange and the cool engines effect and – at the same time – lowering the importance of the "boring" sky.

By the way I also would like to thank you for the very good tips you have provided in my questions in this forum.

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Attached photos:

Andre Albuquerque
Joined in April 2012
Posted 17 August 2016 - 15:57 CET

That's too bad. I love the picture

Jocelyn Dell 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 17 August 2016 - 23:11 CET

What a nice picture, wonderful livery !!! But I've to agree with Gerard van Oostrom... try to reduce hightlights and reupload it in 1200x800px for the quality.

Hope to see your photo on the site next days !

Best regards, "Pharewell".

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1534 (30 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.