Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » Passengers trash cabin on first flight of Saudia – Saudi Arabian Airlines Airbus A330-343

Passengers trash cabin on first flight of Saudia – Saudi Arabian Airlines Airbus A330-343

Sebastien_Christian_Tourillon 

Joined in September 2016
Posted 5 September 2016 - 17:00 CET

I find it revolting and disgusting that fellow humans can leave an airplane in such condition...

-

Article: http://www.aviationgazette.com/passengers-trash-cabin-on-first-flight-of-saudia-saudi-arabian-airlines-airbus-a330-343/

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 6 September 2016 - 02:35 CET

And all that in under three hours! On a flight from SFO to HKG on Cathay, I noticed the cabin crew going in and periodically cleaning out the restrooms (floors and all) with hot water. Friends of friends who work as cabin crew on flights to and from Bangladesh (especially to routes with high number of expat labor pax) have often complained about the state of restrooms on 4 to 6 hour flights. As a result some Bangladeshi airlines have resorted to leaving a mop in the toilet - which I personally find quite an un-hygienic practice. And it has become a pet peev of mine to the extent that I'll avoid flying those airlines whenever possible.

Having done that job myself in a previous life as a "green badge" at a London McDonald's restaurant I know its not the most glamorous task. But from crying out loud, who expects to clean up someone else's feces?

It's really disgraceful and inconsiderate (not to mention disgusting and revolting in this particular flight to Addis) to mess up communal areas anywhere let alone in the enclosed environment of an airplane.

Sebastien_Christian_Tourillon 

Joined in September 2016
Posted 6 September 2016 - 18:12 CET

Ok, what is "un-hygienic" with leaving a mop to wash behind yourself?

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:48 CET

Quite simple ... if you don't rinse a mop after using it, all the germs stay it in ... free to catch a ride in the body of the next person who uses the restroom ... basic hygiene!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1487 (30 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.