Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » Anyone else got their money thrown out the window?

Anyone else got their money thrown out the window?

Jan Jasinski 

Joined in November 2010
Posted 11 September 2016 - 18:39 CET

That's not the point of the hobby. If you're doing this just for money then you won't be successful.

Even if you stand out with your photos, you may still not be getting any money.

Tim Meyer 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 11 September 2016 - 19:31 CET

Hello Ivan

Firstly, photography is not just about having expensive equipment, more about the photographer's skill and experience. With that I neither want to criticize your skill nor your experience - I couldn't even do this, because I've never seen one of your photographs.

Also important is the fact that everybody has got another taste - so maybe you like natural pictures, others don't. Well, as I said, I don't know it. But that is also no reason for a rejection.

It's more about quality.

And to my mind, AP-screeners always give acceptable reason when they reject a photo.

Whereas it's annoying sometimes, it's also important to add that that will improve your knowledge about qualitative issues.

And I never had the situation that I didn't comprehend a rejection reason.

Now I would kindly ask to send us a link that we can tell you what you could improve ;)

Kind regards

Tim

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 11 September 2016 - 23:39 CET

Ivan I don't normally weigh in to posts like this but I'll make an exception in this case.

I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere but based on the images you have uploaded to date you should learn even the basics of taking a photo, even basic terminology, before you accuse the screening team of 'discriminating' against you and then threatening to write bad reviews of the website.

Quote Ivan Rutkevich:

No,of course if you want bad reputation then I'm happy with that all I have to do is write a negative comment in the feedback section,then less people will use the website,

I'm pretty sure that any comment you write will not result in the site coming to harm in any way due to a drop in traffic.

I suggest that if you are as easily offended by rejection as your comments suggest then this isn't the site for you.

This post has been edited by on 11th September 2016 - 23:40

Sarmatin 

Joined in July 2013
Posted 12 September 2016 - 15:37 CET

Привет, Иван. Когда я только начинал заниматься споттингом, мои фотографии отклоняли пачками, одна за одной, меня это тоже очень сильно бесило, ибо уже имел хороший опыт в других жанрах. Со временем я понял требования к фотографиям, и у меня уже стали принимать некоторые фотографии. Шаг за шагом я начал улучшать свои фотографии с технической точки зрения, набил руку на хорошие ракурсы и понял местные "правила" фотографии. Думаю тебе стоит приложить пару фотографий, пользователи подскажут проблемы. Ну и посмотри на фотографии других фотографов, желательно тех, которые тоже проходят модерацию, а не "full member" пользователей.

English:

Hi Ivan. When I was at the beginning of spotter's way many of my photos was rejected. I'm also was in a fury because had good experiences in other types of photogrphy. Over time, I understood requirements for the photos, and a few of my pictures was accepted. Step by step I improved photos on a technical level, get one's hand in good camera angles and understand the local "rules" of photography. I think you should make a couple of photos, users can say about your mistakes. Llook at photos of other photographers, who also are moderated, not "full" member.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1630 (48 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.