Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Rome Fiumicino

Rome Fiumicino

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 4 October 2016 - 17:24 CET

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent spotting location in Rome Fiumicino airport, accessible by public transport or within a walking distance from the terminal?

Unfortunately I will have no car to visit all places..

Thank you a lot in advance!

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 4 October 2016 - 18:27 CET

Hi, try to give a look here

http://www.spotterguide.net/index.php/planespotting/europe/italy/rome-fiumicino-fco-lirf/

I'm not so sure but without a car it should be quite tough to get around the airport because the airport is far away from Fiumicino and there is any visitor terrace at FCO.

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 4 October 2016 - 21:52 CET

Yes, I have checked this site first, but still looking for an advise from someone familiar with this airport and has most updated information and tips.

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 5 October 2016 - 08:45 CET

Try to contact the local spotters group, they are very friendly and always willing to help: http://www.romaspotters.it/forum/

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 6 October 2016 - 10:41 CET

Thank you but sadly I am not able to register (everything is in Italian) and posts from international section are rather old ones..

Marcos 
Joined in October 2011
Posted 6 October 2016 - 15:40 CET

Hi Anna , i'm a romaspotter member and i'm glad to help you. But , unfortunaly, i confirm what said Andrea : without a car is not easy .Car is necessary for getting around the airport as the locations are pretty far from villages and hotels and you occasionally have to switch runways as well. In romaspotter forum there's the possibility to select british english , and after registration you can post in english in" international forum" section (the last one) . If you can share your date in fco , probably on of us can help you to reach spotting point by his car.

ciao,

marco

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 9 October 2016 - 13:51 CET

No public transportation, buses around? I might be staying in the hotel near the runway 16R/34L, does it make any better?

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:02 CET

Thank you Igor, I see that at least 3 points will be available for me by walk. Hotel says there is a bus stop nearby so maybe I will manage somehow.

Which locations did you visit?

Marcos 
Joined in October 2011
Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:43 CET

hi Anna , what it 's not shown in the links is that runs along the RWY 16R/34L a bicycle path , that is walkable too.This bicycle path is accessible from spotting point "ponticello" and at the ends of the rwy. Ask to the hotel if you can rent a bike at the hotel location .

ciao,

marco

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:23 CET

Yep, there is such option in the hotel so your advice will help me a lot :)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1328 (28 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.