Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » JPEG compression visible

JPEG compression visible

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:19 CET

Hi guys,

are there any trics or tools to make jpeg compression visible as I simply do not see it in this pic.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-10/793667.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

Igor Kmet 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:38 CET

Gerard, try shoting in RAW, postposessing in TIFF mode 16 or 32 bit/channel and converting to jpeg in final with resizing Bicubic ( best for smooth gradients) in PS and the Save for web with max quality 100. See video manuals from Angelo or Andre on Youtoobe aswell .

Seiji Chiba 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 18 October 2016 - 15:28 CET

I suppose that "Equalize" command under "Image" > "Adjustments" in the Photoshop could be a tool to make your judgement to the JPG compression, but even using this, it's not clear in terms of the threshold for the acceptable level. I also would like to know if there is any better way to clarify the acceptable compression level.

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 18 October 2016 - 20:48 CET

Thank you Igor, I do allready exactly as you described apart from the 'save for web'. When I apply this my exif info disappears.

My point was more that I do not see the jpeg compression in the mentioned foto, but thanks anyway!

Cheers Gerard

Igor Kmet 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 18 October 2016 - 20:54 CET

As Seiji said , when you apply in PS Image, Adjustement, Equalize you see some level of " pixelization" which should indicate mising info which is lost due to jpeg compression

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 19 October 2016 - 14:53 CET

Ok Igor and Seiji, thanks for the tip! Regards, Gerard

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1543 (22 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.