Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Rejected - but struggling to see why

Rejected - but struggling to see why

dagenhamdave
Joined in October 2016
Posted 6 November 2016 - 08:36 CET

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-11/803306.jpg

Rejected for noisy sky and nose soft but I am struggling to see where, any help?

Coenraad Balt 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 6 November 2016 - 12:03 CET

Sky is full of noise en contrast colouring. Nose is indeed a bit soft

dagenhamdave
Joined in October 2016
Posted 6 November 2016 - 13:00 CET

are you zooming in to see that, as when i view at 100% on my screen there is no noise. Te image is only 1400 along the longest edge

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 6 November 2016 - 13:51 CET

Frankly speaking I do not see that much soft nose (I am with a small laptop right now), but the sky is indeed full of noise. You can see it in the normal picture, just as it is, but if you want to magnify it, then take a look in equalize mode (image - adjustments - equalize).

I do not know your workflow but maybe you are dealing with all the image at once in each step. My tip for you would be to work in layers and isolate the sky, give it only a nik define pass or a topaz denoise (or similar image softwares) and let the sharpness and other stuff (contrast, colors, levels, highlights/shadows or anything else you consider that should be changed) only for the aircraft and eventually its surroundings.

dagenhamdave
Joined in October 2016
Posted 6 November 2016 - 14:22 CET

Thanks Ricardo, i will give that a try and see if can get rid of the noise, but i am really struggling to see it on my screen

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 6 November 2016 - 15:43 CET

If it can help, try perhaps to increase a little bit the highlights on your screen to see where the noise is.

My screen is calibrated (with a Spyder) and I either do not see any noise, but when turning the calibration off I can see some in the sky part of the picture.

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 7 November 2016 - 22:32 CET

Image is noisy in the sky and the nose certainly lacks some definition. Keep in mind that the only thing a calibration tool does is adjust the range of colors, not brightness or exposure. That's why the setup utility tells you to set contrast and brightness prior to calibrating.

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 8 November 2016 - 05:47 CET

I agree with the brightness or exposure but, correct me if I am wrong, calibration plays also a role on the black point and it is easier to see noise when the black is not "pure" black.

Adjusting the highlights was perhaps not the good advice ...

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1401 (46 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.