Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » sharpness

sharpness

Ruben Samson 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 2 January 2017 - 21:33 CET

Can someone tell me please why this isnt sharp?

Attached photos:

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 2 January 2017 - 23:29 CET

Hello!

My quick guess is that you had a low shutterspeed due to the light conditions, and thats what blurred the Image. Maybe try to add a little bit of sharpness in Lightroom.

Ruben Samson 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 5 January 2017 - 10:18 CET

That is not the problem because it is harp in lightroom but I cropped the picture. Is it possible that my picture went unsharp because I exported it to jpeg?

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 5 January 2017 - 11:32 CET

Yes, indeed you have to check youre export settings. Make sure to set the quality to 100, and set the resolution to min. 240 (these are my settings). If all that doesnt help, then export the file in the smallest available size (1024px). I hope that helps!

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 5 January 2017 - 19:16 CET

Just my opinion.

The image is not blurry at all, it lacks contrast and some sharpness.

First of all you should work on the histogram; push the left slider a little bit to the right (10) and the right one to the left (between 230 and 235).

When you have done that, the image looks already sharper.

Depending on the sharpening method you are using, you can still add some, avoiding over-sharpening of course.

Ruben Samson 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 6 January 2017 - 10:20 CET

I think i need to callibeate my screen also for the darkness and light.

Thank you very much for the tips. I will certainly try them out. Thanks again everyone.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1263 (33 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.