Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Camera quality

Camera quality

Michael Gonzalez
Joined in January 2017
Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:18 CET

I just have one question. Is my Fujifilm finepix hs50exr good enough to upload on this site? I have been trying my best, I know the camera limitations but I try to shoot only good light, fast shutter speed, close objects, then edit them to add a little sharpness and reduce noise, add a little bit contrast and color, I crop, level the image.. but keep getting rejected mostly by image not sharp and blur. So should I keep trying or do I simple need a better camera/lens?

Thank you.

Attached photos:

Glid3r 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:37 CET

Hi Michael,

Welcome to AP, your image looks sharp enough to me,only the corners seem to be a little soft.

Also keep the vignetting in mind in the right bottom corner, is that your finger? :)

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 18 January 2017 - 20:10 CET

I've a couple of pictures in my gallery taken with veeery cheap campact cameras: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/520785/g-tawf-thomson-thomsonfly-boeing-737-800/ and http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/468176//. Some other members even have mobile phone pictures in their galleries. So yes, it should be possible to get pics accepted with your camera unless the lens is damaged or defective, given that you can't change it. The problem is that you will only (probably) get your photos accepted in small sizes and you will have to work very much harder in the posprocessing than using a reflex with a good lens.

About your picture, some areas look pretty good (nose of the plane), but some others are soft and even blurred (left side of the tug, belly of the aircraft, etc.). Was it taken through a fence or a window? It would explain the white right bottom corner and sharpness could be afected in some areas. Try to crop your pictures as less as possible to "hide" some of those mistakes when your resize them. Start with 1024 px pics and see what happens.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1381 (26 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.