Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Main object not sharp

Main object not sharp

Matthew Johnston 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 3 February 2017 - 00:05 CET

Where is this photo not sharp? I understand the mean walking around but it's a long exposure shot.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-2/848420.jpg

Sven Pferdmenges 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 3 February 2017 - 01:32 CET

Hi Matt,

your pictures isn't sharp.. Compare the letters on the plane with the latter's at this picture..

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/757735/ph-exg-klm-cityhopper-embraer-erj-175-170-200/

You see, your letters aren't sharp..

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 3 February 2017 - 12:13 CET

Take a close look at the letters C and O at com and E and N at Friendly, I think they are blurry.

Sharpness is really a tough issue to cope with.

I hope to see your pictures published soon.

Best regards.

BjarneEA 

Joined in January 2009
Posted 3 February 2017 - 13:29 CET

I agree with Ricardo.

I think it is about the aperture setting, as it looks like some vignetting and maybe a close distance.

Sharpness is best in the middle of the picture.

Sorry to say, but I don´t think You can save this picture. Though it is a very nice one.

Regards, Bjarne

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 3 February 2017 - 17:55 CET

Did you shoot through a window? That would explain the huge difference of sharpness of different areas of the picture and also why some edges are doubled. Quite obvious in the "n" of Friendly, the cone near the wheel, the "c" of com, and the over all, the front edge of the tail. That double image makes the picture to look soft, and an airport window glass can and will always (probably) affect to sharpness in unexpected ways.

Matthew Johnston 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 3 February 2017 - 20:03 CET

Yeah it was through an airport window, thanks guys.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1575 (13 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.