Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » JPEG compression visible

JPEG compression visible

LarsvZ 

Joined in March 2016
Posted 9 May 2017 - 17:45 CET

Hi there!

There are a lot of my uploads rejected because of this reason 'JPEG compression visible' (example at the end of this message). Editors say I should use the 'Save for web...' option in Photoshop. But actually, I already do this. Does anyone have tips/tricks for me to improve my ''JPEG compression'' thing?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Lars

Example: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-5/896990.jpg

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 10 May 2017 - 15:24 CET

Hi Lars,

check your "save for web" options. Make sure that all three options (progressive, optimized and embed color profile) are unselected. Also you should choose maximum 100 quality.

If that doesn't help, maybe you should consider whether your photo is not denoised too much - more noise is equal with more information about pixels' colours, and can help you with compression. But of course remember that too much noise can also cause rejection.

LarsvZ 

Joined in March 2016
Posted 11 May 2017 - 18:38 CET

Thanks for the tips Karol!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1352 (36 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.