Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Photoshop CS5

Photoshop CS5

TiHo

Joined in March 2016
Posted 21 May 2017 - 17:13 CET

Hey guys!

How do I have to edit my pictures to get it like this?

Thank you all!

Have a nice Sunday!

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/863699/f-gsqy-air-france-boeing-777-300er/

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:39 CET

Hi TiHo,

today I was surprised by your comment on my picture.

Well what I can tell you is that I appreciate a lot to share my pictures in this website and that I am really learning a lot in this community by admiring the art of other amazingly talented photographers together with their stunning edition techniques.

I have already told many times that I watched carefully the available videos of two senior members of Airplane Pictures, Mr Angelo Bufalino and Mr Andre Nordheim, they published a bunch of aviation edition videos at YouTube.

In this year, I had a health issue that kept at home 15 days without going to work. During this period, I downloaded tons of Lightroom and Photoshop tutorials and took this free time to watch and practice them a lot. By the way, I do not recommend this technique to anyone (the getting sick part)!

Among the guys I can point out the following ones: PHLEARN, Photos in Color, Serge Ramelli, f64 Academy, Tony & Chelsea Northrup, PiXimperfect, lynda.com, Photoshop Training Channel, Jimmy McIntyre, Joshua Cripps, and there are a lot more (and most of them all for free on YouTube). One of the things that I improved most due to those videos was the use of Ligthroom before Photoshop; because I used to be very quick applying only the basic features in Lightroon. Now I pay it a good attention and it gives me very good results to start with Photoshop. The only thing that is not working properly is when I use the gradient tool, because it leads to create banding in the sky in the final result.

Reading and exchanging ideas in this forum and with some fellow spotters and even screeners also have helped me a lot. I take in serious consideration that every rejection is a great opportunity that challenges you to improve your skills, although sometimes it seems hard to accept.

After Lightroom I open Photoshop and remove the noise, apply sharpening (generally with High Pass filter), use NiK software CEP4 (in two steps, one for the aircraft itself and the second pass to the background, lets say with 75% and 35% opacity each), work on shadows and highlights if necessary, then apply final corrections in colors, saturation, brilliance and contrast and for those I may use a combination of Nik Viveza and/or levels and curves. Finally, I add another pass of noise reduction and save the image.

You may ask for the exactly numbers, but I tell you, and this is the most difficult thing to accept in the beginning, because we want the “right magic numbers” that work for all and every picture while every photograph deserves its own figures. You may find interesting, for instance, the numbers -49 to Highlights, -35 to Whites, +38 to Shadows and +18 to Blacks (and they perform really well in most situations) but you will learn to find the most appropriate values for each situation.

Well this comes with practice, and I’ve seen in your profile that you are quite young, so you have a lot of room to grow, and maybe that in a very near future you are the guy who is going to teach me something new. So I hope. Best regards,

Ricardo.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:40 CET

Hi, And is it possible to get the same wonderfull efect without Lr. and with PS 6 without camera Raw??

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:01 CET

Sure, because Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom have very similar (if not identical) configurations, like in the basic panel, curves, details, HSL, lens correction, split toning, among many other features.

TiHo

Joined in March 2016
Posted 22 May 2017 - 17:16 CET

Thank you so much Mister Hebmüller!

Have a nice day!

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 22 May 2017 - 19:26 CET

THANKS!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 2051 (36 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.