Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Background Clutter

Background Clutter

Alvaro Lanza 

Joined in April 2016
Posted 21 June 2017 - 00:03 CET

Hey Guys..

3 Shots have been rejected cause of Background clutter, and I'm really struggling to find any possible way to fix it..

If u guys could help me, I would really appreciate it!

Attached photos:

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 21 June 2017 - 00:23 CET

Hi Alvaro,

If you cannot move yourself to another spotting point, then you should / could use the clone stamp tool in order to remove the foreground clutter. There is an aviation editing video about this at:

https://youtu.be/eaQ9qYpnaTI

Best regards!

Joshua Price 
Joined in March 2017
Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:21 CET

or upload to jetphotos

Vali Muresan 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:21 CET

I really do not get this rejection reason. I mean, airports have fences after all!

Dmitry Yakovlev 
Joined in April 2013
Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:35 CET

Is it actually "background" (as the topic title reads) or "foreground" clutter that is the actual rejection reason?

In case of "foreground", imho it is somewhat strange in this case, since the fences and other foreground stuff do not obstruct any part of the aircraft on any of the three pictures, nor are the fences etc. such a strong distraction from the central subject of the pictures. Technically, "cloning out" the fences here might work, imho, except probably the picture with the Dreamliner, but there is a question of how far we may go in visually changing the picture while not turning it into "aviation graphics". This is somewhat up to everyone of us to decide for him/herself, after all.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1169 (91 members)
© 2006-2019 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.