Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Are those kinds of photos allowed?

Are those kinds of photos allowed?

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 30 May 2012 - 22:15 CET

First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't know whether to post in Site Related or Aviation Photography.

Are the following types of shots allowed?

RC models:

"Pre-flight" flying "things", like this reproduction of Leonardo da Vinci's ornithopter:

Finally, in few weeks there will be the Red Bull Flugtag near where I live (the seaplane base of Milan Linate airport, in Italy). Are shots of the "Flugtag things" allowed?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:27 CET

Hi Giorgio,

sorry for the late response to your query.

Radio controlled models - I would say probably not

Reproductions - possibly, but would need a senior admin to confirm

Flugtag - I would say not.

Michael

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:44 CET

RC models, probably not.

Reproductions, possibly. Someone built Leonardo da Vinci's ornithopter for a reason and that was possibly to see if it would really fly, so there is an interest.

We do permit parachute pictures but as for flying washing machines and Red Bull cans, I don't think so.

At the end of the day Martin has the final say Michael and I can only give our opinions as screeners.

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 18 July 2015 - 13:39 CET

Would this photo be considered acceptable? I think it's a unusual sight: it's a former Italian Air Force F-104 "beheaded" and used by the ItAF for display at airshows and other events (the cockpit is still there, and people can climb in it when it's not loaded on the truck).

Is the visible airman an issue, even if his face is not recognizable?

I'm talking just about the "situation", I know this photo has some color and exposition issues, I'll get them sorted if the "composition" will be deemed acceptable ;)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1473 (36 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.