Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Download photos

Download photos

Krzysztof Kowalczyk 

Joined in August 2016
Posted 5 November 2017 - 11:55 CET

Hello and how can I download my pictures directly from the AP site, I am taking pictures with the watermark airlane pictures, thank you for the help

Kuba Balcerski 
Joined in January 2016
Posted 5 November 2017 - 14:48 CET

I think you can't do this since AP disabled option to save pictures directly through the browser to prevent stealing of the pictures. It was done to the request from the members.

Jan Blankenhorn 

Joined in January 2015
Posted 5 November 2017 - 18:00 CET

Use Google Chrome, drag and drop the picture you want to download on the top tab bar of Chrome. A new tab will open, featuring the picture. Now rightclick and download the picture.

By dragging the picture on the tab bar of Chrome you are copying the embedded image link to a new tab which will open up as soon as you drop the picture.

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 5 November 2017 - 18:43 CET

well that sort of ruins the whole photo safety thing doesn't it.

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 5 November 2017 - 18:48 CET

If you want to keep copies of your photos with the watermark from the site simply upload them normally then save them when they have the mark and are still waiting for screening and are available only to you from the site. Or you can upload them to get the watermark added and then after downloading them to your filing system simply remove them prior to screening if you want to use them for some other purpose but still have your info watermarked.

Jan Blankenhorn 

Joined in January 2015
Posted 5 November 2017 - 19:22 CET

It indeed ruins the photo safety thing but it will always stay impossible to 100% prevent pictures from being "stolen" @Jetzguy.

You don't even have to get the image link in oder to download pictures from AP. You can easily add Chrome expansions which alllow you to screenshot site contents. Those free tools make it possible to save pictures from any page you wish to.

The most effective way to secure your pictures is to place a super strong AP watermark right on the fuselage (which in my opinion destroys the whole viewing experience of a beautiful picture since watermarks on important objects are disturbing which in the end is the actual function of watermarks).

Either security for your pictures or a nice, undisturbed viewing experience, you do you.

Piotr Bieluszewski 

Editor
Joined in June 2008
Posted 5 November 2017 - 21:00 CET

maybe put here video tutorial how to steal photos from AP, sure many people will use it ...

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 6 November 2017 - 10:55 CET

If you don't upload them, they can't steal them. However it is impossible to protect the pictures from getting stolen in the long term. This is a cat and mouse game. Someone has to give up ones, and trust me, thieves never give up and find ways. Also a watermark can be retouched. Better be honored ;-) and comment on those pictures or report the user. Again the safest way is to not upload your pictures.

Ricardo ABRITTA 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 9 November 2017 - 14:38 CET

Stealing pictures is tottaly different that downloading a picture WITH a watermark AND the author's name AND KEEP it.

This "stealing thing" is going too far... there is no reason to upload a picture here if people can't use it as wallpaper at least!

Well... this is my point of view.

A.P. could have the option to the photographer to allow the picture to be downloaded as we have on other websites or bought only.

Krzysztof Kowalczyk 

Joined in August 2016
Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:11 CET

Temat zamykam pobranie zdjęcia z WM jest banalnie prosta :) PIotr Bieluszweski nie chodzi o to żeby udostępniać samouczki, lecz o to że jeżeli zalogowany użytkownik chce pobrać swoje zdjęcie, to powinien mieć taką możliwość, pozdrawiam.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1361 (83 members)
© 2006-2017 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.