Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Name of screener

Name of screener

David Augsburger 

Joined in February 2016
Posted 10 December 2017 - 17:02 CET

Hi folks

I just asked myself why several screeners hide their name and just put "editor" as replacement.

It is very unpersonal and I think if a screener is arguing some lacks in a photograph he should stand with it otherwise it is kind of weak arguing. (personal opinion)

So I am grateful for these few screeners who are still showing their name!

So may an short comment why this trend has arised would be nice.

Have a nice evening

Javi Sanchez 

Joined in June 2012
Posted 11 December 2017 - 13:07 CET

Hi David,

I'm going to answer your question with another question.

How many websites show the names of the screeners during the screening?

I think that every screener has the right to hide his name if he thinks it's appropriate.

Maybe it's not your case, but a lot of users do not take it well when their pictures are rejected, and they attack the screeners (including threats in Facebook, e-mails, etc).

There is no reason why some of us should stand to be treated like that. So that's why some of us, chose to hide our name.

If people want to see names and a more personal screening, they should be more friendly and respectful with the screeners.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day.

Javi.

Vali Muresan 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:43 CET

I support Javi on this one. I have been screener on another website and I know people sometimes take rejects way too personal so I believe it is a good option that screeners get to choose to display or not their name.

Radim Tylecek 

Joined in June 2009
Posted 20 March 2023 - 23:30 CET

Hey guys

Alright, I understand all that above, BUT!

If you use the "Joker" status, you should have your own opinion - like "The picture looks like this and that, you should do this and that...etc.".

And not just write "I agree with the first screener". In my opinion - it sounds like a robot to me...

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1975 (32 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.