Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Photo requests for wallpaper

Photo requests for wallpaper

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:36 CET

I have had many requests for "free" images stating that they would like at least "2 MB" files only to be used as their personal wallpaper.

How do you all handle these requests?

Thanks in advance,

Angelo

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:45 CET

If they are looking files of at least 2 meg in size then they are more than likely looking to print them. I've responded in the past by saying that I don't supply free image for personal wallpaper but to feel free to use the watermarked one from this site.

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 18 June 2012 - 19:18 CET

Same here, images can be bought or otherwise used with watermark on them.

Greg Sims 

Joined in September 2012
Posted 2 October 2012 - 16:24 CET

Agreed. Wallpaper can be done with a 300k file. 2 Megs...they are printing it.

Renato Serra Fonseca 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 11 October 2012 - 16:35 CET

In that matter, it is common for me to get requests from people that "supposedly" (how can I know?) were in the helicopter or aircraft either as passanger or piloting and wants to print it on a poster, use as wallpaper on PC or iPad/iPhone...

All those modifications take time and I spent too much money on equipment and time off work to make the photos. Would you guys give or sell it? How much you would suggest?

Cheers!

Renato

This post has been edited by Renato Serra Fonseca on 11th October 2012 - 16:35

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 11 October 2012 - 16:56 CET

As a passenger they can certainly have a copy, at a price. If they can prove they are the pilot then I'd give them a copy. This has only happened to me twice and both requests came from @raf.mod.uk email addresses. One was personal use, he was a display pilot and the other was for the squadron wall. Oh and I've also been asked to remove a photo from this site because the pilot copped a lot of flak (couldn't resist :) ) from his base commander.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1564 (23 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.