Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Unconcient screening.

Unconcient screening.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 14 March 2018 - 22:54 CET

Hi AP.net members in this topic I would like to comment from MY view point an unconcient screening.

A screener rejected me a photo due to be unsharp, but I think that he must chek the photos thet he has on the database before reject others.

[Link removed]

Compare please

This post has been edited by Michael Carbery on 15th March 2018 - 10:37

Attached photos:

LarsvZ 

Joined in March 2016
Posted 14 March 2018 - 23:02 CET

Dear Lien,

First of all, I can totally understand your point because I (and many many others) have to deal with it. On the other hand, try to critisize your own pictures before using others. I can understand that you show an example of what is accepted and I understand that you do not agree with it. However, try to upload the picture in a smaller size. And try to do some sharpening in Photoshop, or if you already did, apply a little more.

I hope I helped you out a bit!

Cheers from The Netherlands,

Lars

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 14 March 2018 - 23:18 CET

As far as I know night shots like this are treated more "lightly" here due to effort that needs to be put to make such picture sharp, that's one thing

The second is that the screeners are also full members so their photos don't go through screening meaning that's only up to them what they post and if the photo is within quality standards or not. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't post anything that's below the standards.

Such nightshot, for me, has every right to be posted - try to make a similar one and you'll see how hard it is :P

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 15 March 2018 - 00:07 CET

It is very sad when instead of trying to improve your work you just look for depreciate other spotters' work.

I congratulate myself with Mr. Takamizawa once his hard but always fair judgement has demanded me significant efforts for me to become a full member.

Ricardo.

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:15 CET

Your photo is not sharp. There are not sharp either:

[Links removed]

(They're all yours)

Also comparing a night panning shot to your shot in beautiful, clear Spanish daylight is a silly thing to do.

Kind Regards.

This post has been edited by on 15th March 2018 - 10:38

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:37 CET

I have being trying night shoots, and the only things that I can get is noise, noise, noise and noise.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:39 CET

And Ricardo, this is the best that I can get a, 12 years kid with my equipment.

Adrian Duna 

Joined in March 2017
Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:31 CET

Hi Lien

I have to agree with the others. Your photo is not the sharpest and I suggest you try uploading it in a smaller resolution.

I know myself how strict Mr. Takamizawa is but I also suggest that you look at your shots very critically. I critique my own shots aswell before I upload them here. That's how I know that I'll get a good result.

I hope I could help a bit.

Regards from Switzerland,

Adrian

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:42 CET

I've removed links from several posts. As some have said it's unfair to compare with others. However I did look at the image you linked to and can't believe you asked for a comparison between your image, taken in broad day light, and the linked image taken at night. Two images at opposite ends of the spectrum.

If you are unhappy with a screening decision then appeal it and one of the senior admins will look at it.

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 15 March 2018 - 19:29 CET

Lien. Watch Angelos's photo editing videos on Youtube. They will fix most of what you are having issues with. Try to shoot planes on the ground if your equipment is struggling to get a clean focus when they are moving at high speeds. If your camera is an SLR...look to upgrade your lens to one that is capable of taking sharp photos. Change your settings when shooting or shoot only in good lighting if your equipment is good but you are still having issues. If you have funds available you can upgrade the camera to a higher resolution camera but most of this comes down to editing and shooting skills. You can make up for a lot of camera and lens issues if you work hard at taking good, correctly exposed and framed, sharp photos to begin with rather than having to fight with them in editing to try and save them when you get home.

We have all wanted to throw our computer in the lake after getting photos rejected at times. One guy stated it best when he said..."Some of us treat our photos like our children. We love them to much to see their faults when others can clearly see them".

Hope this helps a bit. Keep on shooting and try to have fun with it as you learn.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 15 March 2018 - 19:31 CET

Thank you very much Jetzuguy!!!!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1205 (16 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.