Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » How to get a good compromise between digital noise and sharpeness ?

How to get a good compromise between digital noise and sharpeness ?

Karl-Eric LENNE 
Joined in December 2014
Posted 6 April 2018 - 09:21 CET

Hi everyone,

I always get my photos rejected because of two reasons : digital noice and main object not sharp (and also because of the JPG compression visible).

The last photo I got was this one : https://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2018/4/5/1044482.jpg

I got : "Digital noise is visible. JPG compression is visible. Photo lacks contrast. Main object is not sharp."

I don't know what to do.

(And this photo isn't that much processed)

Thank you very much for your help

Karl-Eric

Iain Ashmore 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 6 April 2018 - 09:52 CET

I am no expert here but I downloaded the image and out it in photoshop.

Equalising the image shows you the slight compression marks. The sky is also noisy the way to is.

The way to fix this is ti ensure that you are saving your image correctly. I used to get very bad compression marks. My save workflow is: Photoshop - File - Export - Save For Web. Make sure you are saving at the highest possible quality. That the colour is SRGB and that Bicubic smoothness is checked.

I do not resize for final output here I do that before I edit the image as that in itself can cause compression marks.

I have learned the hard way and went through a long phase of adding photos and them being rejected. I now only put images on fairly rarely because I am being very picky with the photos.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1482 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.