Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Photoshop CS6

Photoshop CS6

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 23 June 2012 - 19:56 CET

Good Evening.

I recently tried the new photoshop version, the CS6 and noticed some strange results with the crop tool (classical version or the new one); The below image is coming from the same raw file and has just been opened and cropped (1024*768 72ppi) with both versions.

It seems the 2nd one (CS6) is sharper (even too sharp) while I did not apply any sharpening.

What do you think ?

Did somebody encounter the same issue ?

Here is the one cropped with CS5.

<script src='http://img266.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=20120527lux9170ps5.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>Image</noscript>

And the one cropped with CS6.

<script src='http://img10.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=20120527lux9170ps6.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>Image</noscript>

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Have a nice evening.

Sam.

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:37 CET

Thanks for your answer ! (I think also I have to give it another try)

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:48 CET

I am wondering if it could be a "camera raw" issue.

PS5 is using 6.7 version and PS6 is using 7.0 ... it would perhaps be intersting to open a picture in PS6 using the former version of camera raw (6.7) but I am not sure it is possible ...

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 22 October 2012 - 18:29 CET

Glad to see I am not the only one but really sorry for you ...

I really do not understand and checked in some forums if somebody has already encountered the same problem but without success ...

I will of course keep you informed if I find something useful ...

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 3 November 2012 - 18:17 CET

I did some tests, compared both versions of PS and ACR.

It seems (but it only seems) that the new version of ACR produces more noise than the former one; They are obviously using a different algorithm (more contrast ? more light ?) and this is perhaps the reason outputs are different ...

This is perhaps a beginning of explanation.

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 3 November 2012 - 19:03 CET

You're right but both versions have been tested with sharpness at zero.

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 3 November 2012 - 22:38 CET

Really thanks for the information; I will test this tomorrow and keep you informed.

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 4 November 2012 - 00:01 CET

The automatic application of sharpening in RAW comes if you use Canon's DPP for your RAW conversion. Adobe RAW Converter does not apply a Picture Style, so that's not the problem.

I too use Bicubic when reducing the image size.

It may be of help but I tend to use the crop tool in DPP to just crop the image for the RAW conversion and then reduce the image size as the last stage prior to sharpening in Photoshop. The intention is to do all the editing at as large a size as possible before reduction and sharpening.

My resize process is built into an Action, to flatten any layers, reduce the image down to 1200 pixels, constrain the style, and select Bicubic.

Kenneth. K 

Joined in August 2011
Posted 4 November 2012 - 00:22 CET

Had the same problem with CS6.

Now i have found out that bicubic-optimal for smooth motion is the better choice.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1533 (30 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.