Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Should Be News?

Should Be News?

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 16 July 2018 - 21:56 CET

Hello all,

I recently uploaded a photo of a first flight of an aircraft, which should qualify as news, I ticked the newsworthy box and explained it was a B-1 flight, photo was accepted almost 12 hours ago but it has not appeared in news. Wondering what's going on...

Link included to accepted photo for clarity: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1086335/hl7207-korean-air-boeing-787-9-dreamliner/

Cheers!

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 22:10 CET

Hi,

the fact that photo is accepted to the database is one thing. But to appear on the main page, the photo has to be also published as a news. When it's accepted, then it goes to a news/event list, where I have to decide if to publish it or not. It doesn't happen automatically, that's why your photo hasn't appeared on the main page yet.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 16 July 2018 - 22:23 CET

Ah, okay thank you. So it does qualify as news, but just hasn't reached its spot in the queue yet? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, as I thought the acceptance and then placement into news took place concurrently.

Thanks

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 22:36 CET

often there's a queue, when more news are uploaded. But in this case, I've just have not logged in since you uploaded your photo. But now it is published

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 16 July 2018 - 22:41 CET

Okay, thank you very much. I wasn't aware of how the process worked, and I am now. I appreciate the hard work you all do, and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Thanks!

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 22:43 CET

you're welcome ;)

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 8 August 2018 - 01:27 CET

Hi, I uploaded a visit of a USMC aircraft tied to the SeaFair airshow, but it appears to not have been published as news. I am wondering why this is, as the shot that was accepted 2 minutes later has been published as news. It is ID 1094332. Thanks.

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 8 August 2018 - 16:49 CET

Hi, I published it separately as a news, not within an event, because you didn't mention that it was connected with SeaFair.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 8 August 2018 - 19:38 CET

Yes, that's what I had intended. Sorry for the confusion, I thought maybe it wasn't newsworthy since the Turkish MAX was accepted very shortly before and was news, I assumed the USMC tanker would be published at the same time. All is fine, sorry again for the confusion and thanks for your work!

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 8 August 2018 - 22:25 CET

Just for courious, how the queue looks like?

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1746 (105 members)
© 2006-2018 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.