Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Backlit, except it isn't

Backlit, except it isn't

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:51 CET

I've been told twice now that this shot is backlit, or "improperly lit" with no further explanation. Quite frustrated, as it just factually is not backlit. The aircraft is a dark green and black paint, perhaps that's the issue? What are your thoughts on what I should do?

Attached photos:

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:59 CET

Shadows clearly show that it isn't backlit. It seems that the sun was in it's highest position but definitely not behind the plane, but almost. Sometimes taking pics in that time of the day and with dark objects such as this particular plane creates that backlit "feeling". Try raise shadows and blacks a bit, maybe it'll help to pass or appeal.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:06 CET

Hi, unfortunately due to this being an airshow there isn't much I can do about time. The sun is fairly high but enough to the side of the aircraft I don't feel like it should create a significant issue. I'll try a shadow/black boost and hope that works.

Thanks!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1581 (15 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.