Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » skyshot

skyshot

Cristiano 

Joined in April 2017
Posted 15 August 2018 - 18:49 CET

Hi i have a questions about one of my photo why is not acceped to gallery is not sharp or any problem ?

Attached photos:

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 15 August 2018 - 18:54 CET

Upload your aviation photos:

Only submit your best images. Interesting shots (in terms of aesthetic quality, rare planes, newsworthy shots) are easier to get accepted. Also standard "plane in blue sky" type of images may be rejected.

They are pretty clear on sky shots. Unless the photo is of an aircraft banking or doing something interesting it will likely not go through screening.

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 15 August 2018 - 22:23 CET

not only full members, but to have skyshot accepted, it has to be interesting in some way. For example taken at golden hour, head-on shots where tail covers most of the frame (narrow crop), also interesting aircraft (An225, An22, VC-25, E-4B, etc).

Just read the article below, and everything should be clear:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/sky-shots.php

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:39 CET

I wish the same standard held for some full members. I see some pretty bland, although technically good shots routinely uploaded. I do think some sort of system to vet certain uploads from full members should be implemented. Alright, they had some eye catchers, but that shouldn’t exempt them from the rules. Probably fairly pointless to say, but imo it should be done.

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 17 August 2018 - 15:40 CET

discussions about full members and their privileges, were held on this forum many times in the past. As I can see it, full members just have responsibility for their photos, as everybody knows that they are not going through the screening.

But generally if anyone feels that some particular photos shouldn't be in the database, they can be reported to the Team via e-mail, with proper argumentation. I think in some cases, it can solve the problem. But photo must be really poor, and definitely not match the rules on AP and reasons like "I don't like this one" are not enough.

Andrés Ortiz Reyes 

Joined in January 2015
Posted 18 August 2018 - 18:05 CET

creo que el amigo se refiere a que hay algún error en la pagina que no permite cargar fotos al cribado.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:16 CET

Please excuse my translation, I have taken a couple years of Spanish but I am not fluent, so I may be completely misinterpreting, and if I am, I do sincerely apologize. :) I'm not saying there was an error in the page. I think that photos from full members should have some form of discretion applied to them. In particular, one gentleman, who I will not publicly denounce specifically, is a very harsh (imo) screener, yet has some photos that are (imo) lacking severely in quality, or have certain editing decisions for no particular reason. Creativity I get, but a blank sky shot that is cropped weidly, borderline blurry, and grainy (imo) does not belong on this site, yet because of full member status, here they are. Reporting that kind of shot only does so much, there are many shots I see daily, and I do not have the time to police a population that is supposed to be able to be self-policing. Furthermore, reporting the shot will do little to resolve the issue (imo) in the future.

Karol Trojanowski 

News admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 19 August 2018 - 15:28 CET

Yes, you're right that reporting some photos won't solve the "issue". But it is not intended to do so. Full Membership's formula was established years ago, and is very uniqe among aviation galleries. And this is one of the things which differentiate airplane-pictures.net from other sites, so I wouldn't use expression "issue". It has some pros and cons, but like every other solution.

Generally, I think that it is better option for everyone to focus on someone's own photos and skills. Then it would be easier to become a Full Member one day.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 19 August 2018 - 19:59 CET

If I become a full member, great. If not, it won't break my heart. I would consider images in direct violation of "rules" to be an "issue", especially given their prevalence. Point is, perhaps there should be screening from other full members, or some sort of consequence for uploading images that are of an awful technical quality or violate multiple rules. I'm not the type that can't take criticism, I love constructive criticism because it makes my work, and me as an individual better. However, taking harsh criticism from select screeners, who have some (respectfully) very low quality images, seems rather hypocritical to me, and lessens the overall quality of the site. Absolutely 0% chance such an image makes it through if one of us plebian regular members uploads it. That is where my issue is, and I would highly likely say I am nowhere near alone in this belief.

Philippe Ardin 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 8 October 2018 - 12:13 CET

+1

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1250 (91 members)
© 2006-2018 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.