Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Watch Your backs

Watch Your backs

Brodie Winkler 
Joined in May 2012
Posted 9 July 2012 - 08:14 CET

i have received a photo request from a guy who has been stalking A.nut for a while and apparently is trying to hit this site now, he will ask for photos of 777's for his "personal collection" e-mail usually reads as follows, i only inserted some blanks where the info in the request he sent me was. if you receive a message from him, be polite, but advise him we in the Aviation Photography hobby/industry are not going to give into him... i have!

"Dear _____, Is it possible to have your digital picture of (insert airline name here) Boeing 777 ID-***** and if possible with 2.MB+ Your picture will be ONLY use for my private photos collection on B777 Thanks Dann"

Renato Serra Fonseca 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 9 July 2012 - 14:53 CET

I have received one a few weeks ago. Does he work/represent a magazine or something of the sort? Why would he want such image?

Paul Nichols 
Joined in February 2008
Posted 9 July 2012 - 15:17 CET

He's been around for years, I used to send people images when they made requests like this until I realised I was giving away the results of thousands of pounds worth of investment in gear and thousands of hours learning how to use it.

Now they get a polite but nonetheless to the point 'buy your own gear, learn how to use it and take your own photos!' :D

Emanuel Linert 

Joined in March 2009
Posted 9 July 2012 - 19:13 CET

Got some requests from him, never sent photos to him!

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 9 July 2012 - 20:17 CET

I also received 2 image requests and ... stupid like I am ... I believed him and sent the 2Mb+ pictures ...

Darryl Morrell 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:05 CET

He wont use the photos other than for his own collection though, known him for years....

Renato Serra Fonseca 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:09 CET

Good to know Darryl. Much better!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1691 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.