Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » Rejected pictures

Rejected pictures

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:21 CET

Why this picture is not rejected fo overexposed motive ? The picture blow eyes.

This post has been edited by Michael Carbery on 19th June 2019 - 10:32

Menno Habraken 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 18 June 2019 - 15:06 CET

This site is for creative aviation photography, this photographer is very creative with that shot. And I think that criticizing someone's art in this manner is very unreasonable.

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 18 June 2019 - 15:21 CET

Yeah.....!

Attached photos:

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 18 June 2019 - 15:30 CET

@Meno It's not about the photographer's criticism, but about the site that does not judge with the same unit of measure. For example, I received a reject for an overexposed background, or a little bit more exposed white, and here is the image very exposed. It seems right to treat everyone so, and to judge equally for all.

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 18 June 2019 - 15:37 CET

Sorry to say this, but every time I see your post LRCV, it is a complaint.

Probably you didn't notice that the photo is from the full member which means no screening.

Anyway, it would be much better to work on your own photos instead of looking for other people's mistakes and putting them out loud into public; if you really can't agree with some photos being online, you can always send a private message to admins and/or the author.

Menno Habraken 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 18 June 2019 - 16:05 CET

Dear LRCV, it is Menno, not Meno......

And the brightness of the photograph fits the image, it belongs to it. And if the picture really was blown out, the editors would have stepped in. But they haven't and it is none of our business to say what the editors should or should not do. So, let the editors do their job and improve your own images if they are rejected, but do not complain about someone's photograph.

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 18 June 2019 - 17:21 CET

@Menno On the contrary, I complain because it is not judged. The pictures are just some examples nothing else. I gave examples of different cases in which I was denied a picture, and I did nothing but show similar cases where I did not judge the same as in my case.

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 18 June 2019 - 18:06 CET

This is a very creative photo - not over exposed, it is high key (big difference). This is a well established photography technique and in my opinion this is exactly the right treatment for this shot - look how the model really stands out from the background. If this had been a standard side on shot of an aircraft without a model then yes, over exposed.

As others have said, not good form to openly criticise others work especially if you don't understand the photographers motive for editing a shot in a certain way.

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 18 June 2019 - 18:58 CET

@Richard You seem to have misunderstood. I do not criticize the photographer, I critically criticize the screenwriter who accepts these pictures that I give as an example for various reasons why some of my pictures are rejected. I repeat, these pictures are only given in situations similar to those images that have been rejected by me.

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 18 June 2019 - 19:56 CET

Well in that case you have chosen the wrong photo to illustrate your argument as the photographer has deliberately 'over exposed' the shot to create a high key effect.

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:35 CET

LRCV if you have an issue with any image on the site send an email to the team address (at the bottom of every page). Next time you criticise someone else's work in the forum I will remove your account with no warning.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1704 (37 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.