Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Photography in Las Vegas

Photography in Las Vegas

Darryl Morrell 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 10 September 2012 - 19:35 CET

I`m off to Las Vegas in a few weeks time, any local knowledge on photography spots etc would be much appreciated

cheers

Scott Arfin 

Joined in November 2011
Posted 10 September 2012 - 23:08 CET

Hi Darryl,

I've shot in Vegas a few times at spots A and B given in the NYC Aviation guide. The Sunset Road spot (A) is great for watching because you are very close, but I've never been able to make any useful shots from there because I did not have a ladder. The fence is of decent height. Spot B (the parking garage) is an awesome spot because of the possibility of Strip shots, but the runways need to be on your side. All my LAS shots on this site were made from there. The distance is quite large though, and distortion tends to ruin any ground shots. I've used 300mm on a crop body and it's not nearly enough, though you can get away with it. On the garage, the cops did approach me, but they were mainly patrolling to prevent vehicle break-ins. I never encountered cops at Sunset Road. Hope this helps.

-Scott

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1512 (39 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.