Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » News section - not so new ?

News section - not so new ?

Maxime Thibert 
Joined in November 2014
Posted 22 June 2020 - 15:31 CET

Hi everyone,

I know some will be quite upset with that post but I would like to understand and discuss about the News section especially during the pandemic.

We all know the News section is a popular way to post pictures and to get screened in priority thus increasing views/likes of the picture. I totally understand it. It gives opportunity for rare visits and/or first picture of the plane in a new livery or anything new/rare to be put in the front page and to receive attention.

During the pandemic, we saw the queue time decreasing significantly, indeed most of the screeners were screening at home, the queue was many times about 1h meaning the trick to upload as News was useless...

The problem I want to speak about here is that too many people took advantage of that News section and we ended up seeing less quality pictures (and many in the skies) of planes that are quite common in some airports, using the pandemic as a reason for the visit. Some news were absolutely legit, however I remember seeing some A330 Qatar Cargo or B787 Air India (2 that are common in Europe). The question is why not to filter more the News section and keep a good quality of pictures/planes and publish only the rare visits ? ;)

Cheers

Maxime

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 22 June 2020 - 18:09 CET

What is common in many airports might be a real highlight in others. That makes news in many cases

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1565 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.