Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Screening/Editors

Screening/Editors

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 7 June 2021 - 08:47 CET

Hi all, I‘m just curious about a little think because I found it “strange”.

I read that the site had/has some kind of issue, some member has gone but how is possible that there are images screened always by the SAME screener and ALWAYS asking for a second opinion without giving any reason about it? How can we improve the images or the editing techniques if we do not know what are the problems with that image?

Shouldn’t be fair to know some detail about the screening process or asking for an answer in the comment section of the images during the screening process?

Thx

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 8 June 2021 - 05:42 CET

Second opinion means that it passed from first screening and was forwarded to the second screener.

So if the screener writes nothing but second opinion only means, there was nothing found on the first count.

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 8 June 2021 - 08:14 CET

Thx Ray

Mikolaj Waligorski 

Joined in August 2010
Posted 16 October 2021 - 17:45 CET

I have very same issue. I added photos around 4th of o Robert. My photos are still in queue with no info But Ray's "second opinion" added at 13th of october. When I was adding photos there was info about 7 days long queue.

Cristiano - CIA Spotters 

Joined in April 2017
Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:05 CET

I have the same problem , I added the photos on Oct 3 and so far only one photo is in the screening process .

There are awfully long queues , is this a transitional period or will it be like this all the time ?

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:01 CET

It's happening the same with another photo of mine, ID 1421551.

Uploaded on 2nd October, entered screening on 9th October and stuck on "Second opinion" since then,

Mikolaj Waligorski 

Joined in August 2010
Posted 17 October 2021 - 13:28 CET

It looks like our photos are lost in space :D

Nico Berger 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 17 October 2021 - 19:59 CET

They should hire more Editors...like Marek Horák for example :D

Mikolaj Waligorski 

Joined in August 2010
Posted 18 October 2021 - 19:30 CET

Hey EDITORS are you gonna do something about this??

Cristiano - CIA Spotters 

Joined in April 2017
Posted 18 October 2021 - 21:07 CET

This is quite an unusual case as so much time for a screening to take place is unheard of, I can understand if it took a few days but weeks is a bit too much.

This situation has been going on for a long time.

There should be a lot more editors, because it is really bad.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:58 CET

Hello everyone,

it's really easy to give advice, or criticize on the other hand. Of course, it would be better if the queue was shorter, and all photos were accepted within a day or two. But currently, it's not possible, some of the screeners assess daily about 100 or more photos, others assess less, and when they can. I don't know, maybe some of us could screen more, but it's not my part to judge.

Maybe it should be reminded, that we are not hired, we don't take money for that, it's not our job. We do it in our free time, which we sacrifice for the site and for you. Not for ourselves, our family, friends, other hobbies etc.

Honestly, for me it's quite discouraging to read all those complaints and criticism that we don't do enough. Sorry, I don't understand that pressure and tension to have photos accepted quickly. It's a hobby, not the rat race.

I suggest to everyone to be patient, there are moments when the queue is longer, sometimes it is shorter. About a year and a half ago the queue practically didn't exist, photos were screened within minutes or hours. So it is not a rule, that you always have to wait 14 days here.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1422 (43 members)
© 2006-2022 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.