Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Recommendations for sigma 60-600mm

Recommendations for sigma 60-600mm

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:46 CET

Hi:

Recently I bought the sigma 60-600mm to do my job at sports, but I want to see if someone have it & can give me a tip for plane spotting with this lense, please help me with your experience with the lense if you use it.

Best regards.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 25 August 2021 - 11:31 CET

Hola Victor!

I've been using the Sigma 60-600 for the past 2 months and it has showed an impressive performance from end to end, something really impressive for having such a wide range! The details are crisp and the OS is good, Sigma really made a perfect lens for spotting as you can virtually cover the focal length for almost every airport you'll visit.

The AF is fast, very fast.

The only aspects you'll have to take in count for plane-spotting are: use OS mode 1, 2 is only for horizontal movements. And you'll have to do 2 or 3 rotations of the barrel to get it from 60 to 600mm and viceversa, also, I recommend a monopod for long sessions, as it weights 2.7kg without the camera body attached.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 978 (23 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.