Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Is this filter acceptable?

Is this filter acceptable?

Andre Giron Bernaud 

Joined in March 2012
Posted 13 February 2013 - 15:50 CET

I really like these photos, but I am not sure if this filter (Vignette Blur) is accepted here.

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 13 February 2013 - 18:20 CET

If you are trying to replicate a narrow depth of field then both pictures fail. The first winglet has the Atlas tail in perfect focus, the other has the horizontal stabiliser in focus.

If you are interested in the winglets then crop into them and cut out all the unnecessary stuff around it.

You can try uploading them, you may have to go to appeal, which may not be such a bad thing as the senior admins get to decide, which could open the door for further shots.

Andre Giron Bernaud 

Joined in March 2012
Posted 13 February 2013 - 22:41 CET

Actually, I wasn´t trying to replicate a narrow depth of field. I know that in both pictures the foreground and background are in focus. I was trying to simulate a soft focus with vaseline on a filter, an old technique used to blur the borders of a photo.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 13 February 2013 - 22:54 CET

Smear the Vaseline around the edges leaving more of the the middle in focus and remember to tell the screener what you have done and why, otherwise they will look on it as a sub-standard image.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1304 (13 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.