Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Imac for editing

Imac for editing

Jahnel Klaus 
Joined in October 2010
Posted 17 April 2013 - 14:28 CET

I am planning to buy a new computer. i did not make any desicions by now, which model and i have any experiance with apple so far. So my question is, whould an apple Imac be a decent computer for editing images? Is the screen good enough,or does it bring problems with brightness or something else?

are there other recomondation for hardware?

This post has been edited by Martin Krupka on 19th July 2014 - 23:34

Michael Brazier 

Joined in April 2013
Posted 19 April 2013 - 18:25 CET

I have an iMac and it's superb. After a PC, it's a bit of a culture shock using a computer that doesn't re-configure itself every time you start it up; basically, it stays the same day after day rather than gradually slowing down the more you use it. Also, it is quite radical in that Apple sells computers that are built to a production standard, rather that marketing successive variants of experimental prototypes on which the customer is expected to undertake the development and continually fix faults.

The screen is indeed fantastic - razor sharp and with brilliant colour saturation and definition.

Hope this helps...

Jahnel Klaus 
Joined in October 2010
Posted 19 April 2013 - 21:43 CET

thanks for your input.

which software are you using for editing ?

Michael Brazier 

Joined in April 2013
Posted 19 April 2013 - 22:10 CET

Photoshop CS6, Neat Image noise reduction software and Topaz In-Focus for sharpening. I process everything from RAW using Adobe Bridge...

Cheers,

Michael

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 CET

I have a 27" Imac and there are many dark spots/stripes inside the display. This is a very common problem with Imacs (google it and you'll see) but Apple does not give any guarantee on that and they are not willing to fix it for me.

It is not a huge problem, though very annoying while editing pictures and something you should not have to expect from an expensive product like that.

Apart from that (and a replaced HD that was payed for by Apple) the Imac is a very good computer.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro (high resolution anti-glare display) as well and very happy with that one, no issues so far.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1704 (35 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.