Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM

Girish B
Joined in August 2012
Posted 21 June 2013 - 14:51 CET

Hello Photography Geniuses,

Need an advice and help in using my newly acquired Canon 100-400 mm, Under the canon camera menu (500 D) I see custom settings where the camera gives few options post fixing this lens. Options such as sharpness etc are available in these settings. Do you recommend using custom menu functions such as this within the camera or leave it as default and take care of such options in an editing software for post processing?

All help is appreciated,

TIA,

Girish

richardlee326
Joined in September 2012
Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:55 CET

Dear Girish,

I also experienced similar problems before, I can't decide which is the best settings for my camera. But now, I prefer to take the photos in RAW format instead of JPEG. So that the photos can be edited in the computer in different aspects such as contrast, hue, saturation, etc, also including the sharpness. The options in the custom menu functions is limited while the computer editing software can do lots of effects on the photos.

Hope I can help you,

Cheers,

Richard

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1619 (26 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.