Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Canon 7d issue - help!

Canon 7d issue - help!

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 6 July 2013 - 09:23 CET

Hi all..

Ive recenty discovered that my rear dial on my 7d stopped working... I know about the switch and it is set in the unlock position but still no change. It doesnt work at all. I cant change exposure in av, browse the menu etc... tried removing the battery, card, switching it off and on and also clearing the custom functions but still.. no response. :(

I havent done anything to the camera. It was just sleeping in my bag for 2 days after my spotting trip to the airport. It was working fine during the trip..

Does anyone know the fix or something?

Help please...

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 6 July 2013 - 20:10 CET

Have you tried to remove the lens and to put it on back ? (or tried with another lens ?)

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 6 July 2013 - 22:39 CET

Tried that.. No response. The camera is only 1 month old.

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 6 July 2013 - 23:11 CET

Check to make sure that you didn't reassign it in your control settings to change metering modes or shutter speed.

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 6 July 2013 - 23:37 CET

I checked that already, but the dial is completely dead. Can't browse through the images and the settings as well. Seems Ill have to send it to canon to get it fixed : /

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1217 (22 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.