Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Troubles identifying an aircraft?

Troubles identifying an aircraft?

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:02 CET

Seems like some members of our community have troubles identifying an aircraft type.

Photo below...

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/362870/a6-eng-emirates-airlines-boeing-777-300er/

...represents (accordingly to photos' aircraft details) A6-EMG which is a Boeing Boeing 777-200ER.

(Not to mention that it has been classified as 300ER couple of hours ago )

However, simple google search for A6-EMG gives info that A6-EMG is a Boeing 777-200ER, with Trent engines and NO ranked wingtips.

Personally, I don't think that A6-EMG had its engines upgraded to GE90's and ranked wingtips installed in the past (according to the photo), therefore, the pictured Boeing 777-200 is not ER and is not EMG.

Searching further the internet, I found out that A6-EWG seems more similar to the pictured Boeing above. It has GE90's and ranked wingtips installed.

Given the fact that W and M seem similar, especially on low-res photo, my conclusion is that the pictured aircraft is A6-EWG - Boeing 777-200LR

Correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt this aircraft has been modified from ER into LR.

I wish everyone a great day,

This post has been edited by Kamil Cison on 21st February 2014 - 15:37

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:29 CET

I have attached a screenshot from the Airframes.org database, which is the one that I use and it does say it's a series 200ER so that's what I used.

It was the founding principle of AP not to have a database cluttered with Boeing 777-21HERs and the like. Basically if there is a visible difference in the aircraft type then it should get its own sub-type, otherwise it should be good enough for a generic type.

Let's keep things simple!

Attached photos:

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:18 CET

This is simple. But don't you see the point?

The pictured airframe is NOT, an ER version, and the reg is NOT A6-EMG but A6-EWG

The visible difference is ranked wingtips and GE90's and you still say that this is 200ER...

A6-EMG in real life -

Can you see the ranked wingtips and GE90's? No.

Additionally, take a look at the nose of the aircraft - It says 777-200 where as on the NustyR's picture it says 777-200LR !

This post has been edited by Kamil Cison on 21st February 2014 - 18:33

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1490 (16 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.