Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Full Member Requirements

Full Member Requirements

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 3 April 2014 - 22:43 CET

The requirements to become a Full Member of the site have changed. Hopefully it will be of benefit to a lot more members

Screening acceptance ratio above 0.7 in last 365 days

At least 50 photos uploaded in last 365 days

At least 3 Eyecatchers since joining AP

Nathan Howson 
Joined in January 2014
Posted 7 April 2014 - 16:36 CET

It seems composite images are being accepted as eyecatchers now. I've got no problem with that, I just want to know if it's possible to filter composite images from search results. These composite images are getting so good I can't tell the difference.

R.Kellenaers-Photography 

Joined in January 2012
Posted 7 April 2014 - 21:00 CET

A separate section was created for composite images. Let's not mix them with 'real' photos.

Just my 2 cents..

Javier de la Cruz 
Joined in September 2013
Posted 8 April 2014 - 11:34 CET

Hello.

I agree with folks above. Composite images images are not for me, I prefer real planes in real places, with all the difficulties that it means for some pictures.

I honestly think that granting eyecatchers for composite pictures is not fair for people who take a lot of efforts ´in the real world´ to have superb shots, real weather action and out of the mainstream points of view and watch that copying and pasting images sitting at home is rewarded in the same way.

Respect is due, anyway, for some composite images I see, I agree that they are really remarkable pieces of fine work.

Just my opinion too.

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 8 April 2014 - 13:40 CET

Please try to understand that this site is not run for one single person's personal taste. This site has a deliberately more liberal attitude than the others and if an aviation graphic image deserves to be an Eyecatcher then it will get one. Few seldom do but if you think that a image in the aviation graphic section is easy to produce then have a go your self and see how easy it is for yourself!

Recognition should be given where it is deserved. The trouble being that there are some many "good" pictures on the main database that they are all the same, most are just "record-shots" among other "record-shots" and very little ever stands out by way of technical achievement or photographic excellence to make them Eyecatchers.

Sadly many Members become good at what they do, just producing pictures that are of a good standard and only a handful ever finds the creative drive to try something different and use techniques that they have never encountered, Bending their will and an image to produce something truly different from the "record-shots."

The challenge is out there is you really want it but it you that has to go looking for it... and that is a whole Pounds' worth from me.

Javier de la Cruz 
Joined in September 2013
Posted 8 April 2014 - 13:55 CET

As I said, respect is due to fine composite images, I repeat that they are remarkable indeed, and as regular editing takes time and effort, I can understand that that type of artwork takes a lot more. I didn´t pretend to say it was an easy game, not at all.

I also agree with you about "record shots" and everything else, I really do, but as I said before, I think that at least the plane and the background should be "real".....then all editing is welcome for me.

Best regards.

This post has been edited by Javier de la Cruz on 8th April 2014 - 13:59

Bradley Malais 
Joined in December 2010
Posted 12 April 2014 - 23:52 CET

Does this imply that once you're an FM you will stay an FM or do you have to upload a minima of 50 uploads (btw, does this mean uploads or photos which are accepted?) and have an acceptance ratio of >0.7 once you've become an FM?

Not that I'm even close to an FM but I'd just like to know it ;-)

This post has been edited by Bradley Malais on 12th April 2014 - 23:55

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:20 CET

Once you attain Full member status then you will remain a FM, there are no conditions after that, except to maintain image quality.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1793 (39 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.