Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Motive rejection

Motive rejection

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 16 May 2014 - 22:24 CET

Hi.

I uploaded a photo, and it was rejected for Motive.

What is that supposed to be?

Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks in advance

This post has been edited by Jose I. Soria on 16th May 2014 - 22:26

Attached photos:

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:09 CET

Hi Jose,

I think the scene is interesting but when I think of motive the first thing that comes to mind is "what story are you trying to tell"?

I would think about how you could've set up the composition a bit differently, maybe get more of the plane instead of just a wingtip as the main motive.

Look at the picture like a storybook in one glance, creative is good but make sure that creative doesn't cover up the story you're trying to tell.

Does that make sense? Maybe screeners will have a broader way to explain but that's the way i look at it :)

Also, what category did you upload under?

This post has been edited by Andre Nordheim on 17th May 2014 - 01:21

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:46 CET

I uploaded it on aviation graphics, I think it was the most appropiate category!

Jeffrey Schäfer 

Joined in November 2009
Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:23 CET

F.Y.I, Aviation Graphics is for photos that are manupilated in a software program like photoshop to completely alter the scenery. Like photoshopping an aircraft on the ground into a blue sky like it was flying.

I agree with Andre. The photo does not tell enough to tell a whole story on its own while in my opinion, if it would be even more close-up, it could be shown as a detail shot of the wing.

Goodluck!

Jeff.

This post has been edited by Jeffrey Schäfer on 17th May 2014 - 12:46

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:44 CET

Thanks!

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 17 May 2014 - 19:11 CET

Oh motive, just like what we used to get on Airliners.net!

It would have been better had you perhaps used Aircraft detail and perhaps mentioned what it was you have photographed.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1583 (41 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.