Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Help Getting Started

Help Getting Started

Joshua Risker
Joined in May 2013
Posted 4 June 2014 - 16:24 CET

Hi all, just a quick one to ask about this picture which was rejected twice. As this is my first upload, I am in need of a few pointers on how to increase the chances of acceptance, other than the basics on image quality etc. The first image was rejected for JPG compression artifacts at the bottom of the image, which I didn't see until I viewed the image on a different computer. I corrected this and then re-uploaded the image with this problem corrected. Can anyone help me as to what I need to do with this image, and future ones for a higher chance of acceptance? My only guess with the second version is the quality of the aircraft?

Cheers,

Joshua

Attached photos:

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 4 June 2014 - 17:14 CET

Have to agree with what has been said above. Most new members see that we allow images up to 1600px and immediately start uploading that size. As mentioned edit your images and resize to a smaller size e.g. 1024px to 1200px. Upload this size and get them accepted and then slowly increase the size if you desire.

There are some members here who have hundreds of accepted photos but have never uploaded anything greater than 1200px in size. Start small :)

Joshua Risker
Joined in May 2013
Posted 5 June 2014 - 02:31 CET

Thank you, guys, for your help and time, it's really appreciated. Have checked out that great tutorial, along with a few others and will continue to experiment for a while.

I have been playing around this evening in Photoshop to try out some different plug-ins and effects. This was the first time a Boeing 757 had touched down on the Isle of Man in over 2 years, so I was rather happy to see it!

Attached photos:

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 5 June 2014 - 03:42 CET

I noticed your 757 shot is a bit blurred. One simple thing that I see many times is photographers accidentally leaving their cameras in AF-S (Nikon) or one-shot mode (Canon). Accidentally shooting in either of these will more than likely render a fast mover out of focus. Always leave your camera in AF-C (Nikon) or Ai-Servo (Canon).

Joshua Risker
Joined in May 2013
Posted 5 June 2014 - 18:27 CET

Cheers again. I had the camera in full auto to take that 757 shot as it was slightly backlit and was the first arrival which meant I hadn't had anything to experiment settings on. I will use one of the programmable settings from now on and keep the camera in AF-C. I will also have another go with the vibrance setting on future images. I will give you an email Matt, thank you!

As I've had nothing to do all day I have been watching more tutorials and experimenting more with a few images. This was taken last weekend too. Think the body is slightly over-sharpened. Will have another play around soon.

Attached photos:

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1568 (28 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.