Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport Spotting

Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport Spotting

Maik Schetters
Joined in July 2014
Posted 13 July 2014 - 18:58 CET

Hello.

Im a big fan of the MD-11. and i got the oppertunity to fly the lady end of august to YUL. im going to stay one day and i defintly want to go spotting. but i am nor familliar with the rules or restrictions in canada , is a scanner legal to use? and what are the best spots to go to? i dont have a car and i will stay in the Fairfield Inn , perhaps maybe some YUL spotters like to join me for a day by the fence(:

Greets

Maik Schetters

This post has been edited by Martin Krupka on 20th July 2014 - 10:48

crav8or 

Joined in November 2013
Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:56 CET

I'm not from Montreal but I went spotting on August and I had a very nice experience. Got your KLM Md11 and some heavies as well. The best spot for the morning is Park Jacques De Lesepp, and in the afternoon you might need to move to the north of the airport, otherwise you will have lots of backlit. Right now the temperature is dropping so better carry with you warm clothes.

You can Google for "Montreal spotting guide" and you will find a very useful pdf explaining more of the locations. Since I'm using my mobile phone I'm not able to attach it in here. If you want I can help you more with this. Let me know

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1463 (15 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.