Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Facebook-links

Facebook-links

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:09 CET

Dear all,

For a while I share some of my AP.net photos on certain facebook pages with a direct link. Until a few weeks ago, it worked perfectly fine and the link automatically showed a large-scale preview of my photo here on ap.net.

Since a few weeks the linking does not work anymore, it just shows a very tiny thumbnail or not a thumbnail at all. Is this related to Facebook or does AP.net change something in their settings to prevent people linking to pictures here?

Thanks,

Christiaan

This post has been edited by JPC van Heijst on 1st October 2014 - 00:31

Attached photos:

Lvcivs 

Joined in April 2012
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:29 CET

Christiaan,

Do you mean using the share button on the photo page or pasting the link on a new post in facebook?

Regarding the 2nd method, it's the one I do, but I always wait for the thumbnail to appear before posting.

Kamil Cison 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:32 CET

Its not related to FB nor AP. I can still link images and it'll show a big preview. There's something wrong on your side.

This post has been edited by Kamil Cison on 1st October 2014 - 00:33

Attached photos:

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:36 CET

Thanks for the quick reply gents!

Lvcivs; I normally copy the link of the page/image to a large community and normally it shows as a large thumbnail. I see the large thumbnail sometimes too before posting it.. but when I hit enter, it only shows the compressed one or nothing at all.

Kamil; Thanks for your feedback. I tried it both on my Imac and Macbook, with Firefox, Chrome and Safari... always the same results :(

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:39 CET

Christiaan, for me works ok and i am using chrome, however when i hit post i see a large picture stretched the i press F5 for refresh and come out well.

This post has been edited by Ray Abela on 1st October 2014 - 00:40

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 1 October 2014 - 00:46 CET

Thanks Ray.

I tried different pictures, both from me and from random other photographers (even old pictures that are in the database for a long time already); all of them giving the same problem. Either no preview, a tiny preview or a large preview, but after posting just the tiny cropped version or no preview at all.

A friend of mine experiences the same problems just now, and he uses Windows with different browsers.

I guess it might have to do with an internal issue in Facebook... what a pity.

Jan Jasinski 

Joined in November 2010
Posted 1 October 2014 - 02:09 CET

JPC, you're links show as a small preview on my fb newsfeed as well.

Bart van den Elshout 
Joined in December 2013
Posted 1 October 2014 - 11:00 CET

Same problem here.

By the way, the A-P.net Facebook-account also seems to be affected by it.

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 1 October 2014 - 13:45 CET

Thanks gents, seems like a problem with Facebook then. Lets hope they fix it soon.

Javier de la Cruz 
Joined in September 2013
Posted 4 October 2014 - 13:41 CET

Hello.

By the way, I have issues with sharing AP pictures via WhatsApp in my mobile phone when using the "share page" function. When you hit the link a File Not Found 404 page appears, and yo have to go to the URL box in the browser and type the final "/" manually.

All of my friends have the same issue, and it lasts from a long time ago.

Best Regards.

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 4 October 2014 - 16:12 CET

It seems that WhatsApp strips off the forward slash at the end of URL. It is strange that they do not follow the URL correctly.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1662 (41 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.