Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Low light helicopter photography

Low light helicopter photography

CMJMM 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:05 CET

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and so happy to have found a site that showcases awesome aviation pictures!

Tomorrow night I would like to do a low-light / night photography with a Robinson R66 (blue). I will shoot for 3hrs starting just before sunset.(however weather is bad here so there won't be a beautiful sunset) I am a little worried because I am not yet equipped with the best camera, I have a Canon T3i (for now). I will be taking the pictures near the hangar where there are big lights with a yellowish hue. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to sharing some pictures with you all!!!

Caroline

Stefan Markov-LBSF 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 27 November 2014 - 19:32 CET

What lense will you be using during the shoot?

CMJMM 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 27 November 2014 - 20:02 CET

I have the standard Canon 18-55mm 1:3.5 - 5.6 and a Tamron 18-200mm 1: 3.5 - 6.3 Not the best but I'm starting off...

:-)

Stefan Markov-LBSF 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 27 November 2014 - 20:09 CET

If the helicopter is not moving you can try longer exposures from a tripod if not try some panning with higer ISO...Some of the other guys here know better so wait for their replies too

Here is an example for a good ( in my opinion) panning and its handheld in very poor light conditions.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/442545/yu-smk-private-cessna-560xl-citation-excel/

Best of luck!

This post has been edited by Stefan Markov-LBSF on 27th November 2014 - 20:09

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1511 (33 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.