Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Why shoot RAW?

Why shoot RAW?

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 3 December 2014 - 16:02 CET

Another good article detailing why you shoot start shooting RAW if you aren't already.

http://www.digitalphotomentor.com/raw-vs-jpg-file-formats/

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 3 December 2014 - 19:05 CET

I can't edit RAW in CS5, you know why?

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 4 December 2014 - 08:57 CET

I have twice programs... But I can't open the RAW archive

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 4 December 2014 - 18:55 CET

If your camera model is newer than the software release, then it won't be supported and will not work.

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 4 December 2014 - 20:07 CET

Is the D5200 I don't know if the CS5 supports the RAW format of the D5200

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 4 December 2014 - 20:19 CET

You can check on the Adobe website which cameras are supported by which software. I suspect the D5200 is not supported by CS5. You then have two choices. You would either have to upgrade your software or you can download a free program from Adobe called a DNG converter. This will convert any RAW files to the universal DNG format and you can then edit them in your existing RAW converter. This method is a bit long winded but works well and of course is free!

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 5 December 2014 - 01:18 CET

Victor, you do need to have Camera Raw. Be sure to check your Adobe Applications and see if Camera Raw exists.

Kelyn Y. 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 5 December 2014 - 11:56 CET

Hello Victor,

This needs to work: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4728

Regards,

Kelyn

Toshihiko Takamizawa 

Editor
Joined in March 2012
Posted 5 December 2014 - 15:08 CET

Please do not guide to another topics. Purpose of this thread is why you need to shoot RAW. Okay audience? Discussion must be why shoot RAW. Not why my PSCS5 does not.... like.

Marius Bekker 

Joined in February 2012
Posted 5 December 2014 - 16:35 CET

Toshihiko

A member asked a question directly related to RAW, which is the topic under discussion here. He asked it because he obviously wants to learn and in so doing improve his editing skills. He recently bought a new camera and he is having success with it, I have seen his latest pictures here.

His quest for knowledge and improvement of his photographic skills, of which shooting in RAW is an important consideration, should be encouraged and complimented. He is 'on topic' and he has had input from various other members regarding his 'RAW' question.

I find it incomprehensible that you are criticising part of the discussion which is directly related to the topic.

Toshihiko Takamizawa 

Editor
Joined in March 2012
Posted 5 December 2014 - 17:44 CET

Appreciated for your advice Marius. I'm learning a lot. ;-)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1615 (37 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.