Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » low quality vs rare shot vs difficult light - Should I upload?

low quality vs rare shot vs difficult light - Should I upload?

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 26 January 2015 - 20:20 CET

Hi screeners,

Just a question before I upload it; is this shot worth uploading? I know the quality is not really good (high iso shot, not 100% sharp), but I think the light conditions are still pretty rare.

Thanks for the feedback!

Christiaan

Attached photos:

Jean-Charles Hubert 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 4 February 2015 - 04:52 CET

Superb light (rare not sure ?) ! But the plane is blurry as hell

I though full members weren't screened anymore ?

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 4 February 2015 - 17:39 CET

I'm not a a screener but I'll give my opinion. Please, do not upload that picture because the response will be more anger from regular member to screeners/full members. As far as I know I'm not the only one disgusted with the complete impunity that full membership gives you all, impunity that some members (not many luckily) use it to upload pics that would be rejected even without the "second opinion".

Anyway, I've said several times that very rare/spectacular/unique/difficult pictures should be accepted even if some digital noise or jpeg compression is visible, if it is not razorsharp or overall quality is A BIT under the website standards (where are those standars? hehe), bacause that allows us to admire unique pictures, i.e. the noisy aurora borealis eyecatcher some weeks ago.

PS: I spent 5 minutes with your picture on PS, and after some detailed clone stamp work to conceal some of the blur (I assume that's not ethical to some people...), resizing to 1024px and sharpening, the result was quite good to me, I's say acceptable for uploading considering that the original picture is amazing except for the blur.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1453 (13 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.