Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Heavy photo theft on facebook

Heavy photo theft on facebook

Maurits E 

Joined in November 2012
Posted 2 May 2015 - 23:18 CET

Hi,

there is a facebook page called "Aviation Gazette" which illegally publishes tons of photos from A-P.net. Please report the page.

https://www.facebook.com/aviationgazette?fref=photo

Thanks and have a great time

MauE.

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 3 May 2015 - 01:22 CET

At least he doesn't crop out the watermark and even mentions the name of the photographer... cant be really bothered by this, honestly.

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 3 May 2015 - 12:34 CET

They seem to have changed how they post images. Initially they downloaded the images from this, and other sites, but now they are linking to the images.

Philipp Wittmann 
Joined in August 2012
Posted 3 May 2015 - 13:26 CET

The way he posts images now is fine with me (and also with the law as I understand it).

I like to have control over the exposure my images get - that involves choosing the places I put them myself.

This is not about getting as many clicks and likes as possible. I simply think, if you're gonna take a look at my photos, you deserve to see them in the best quality possible. And a heavily compressed and re-uploaded photo on Facebook doesn't qualify.

Bradley Malais 
Joined in December 2010
Posted 3 May 2015 - 17:13 CET

"As you may have noticed, starting last night Aviation Gazette has changed its Picture Posting Procedures. Our legal advisers did confirm to us that we were in our rights, considering we were using the pictures as a media outlet. However, to make all of our followers happy we have decided to simply post a link to the original hosting website."

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 3 May 2015 - 19:20 CET

Delusions of grandeur I think. A 'media outlet', that's so laughable - no printed copy, no website, no original articles.

Jens Nannen 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 3 May 2015 - 23:32 CET

He claimed to be just a boy once, and wondered why grownups would pick a fight about copyrights with him... So much for the media outlet ;-)

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 28 August 2015 - 20:51 CET

Hmmm ... At first I thought I'd let it go ... but the cocky response was a tad offensive. Media (including print) in Bangladesh, for example, is notorious for doing this ... some of them even resort to editing our watermarks, copyright notes ...

Attached photos:

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:25 CET

AJB: the two facebook sites have very very similar content .. and makes me wonder if the two are run by the same people. I did get a response from FB legal team ... although my BA picture has now been removed (despite their first comment about NOT needing my permission because it's a "media" outlet), they've put up another one. But at least this time it's a link to the original picture published on this site. I'm far less concerned that degree of infringement than if they were using it as a banner for their page without my knowledge.

If anyone feels violated, I think they should bring it up with FB. I was actually quite impressed with how quickly they responded ... and how quickly the picture was removed from the rogue site.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1669 (41 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.