Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Main object is not sharp / blurred.

Main object is not sharp / blurred.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 19 August 2015 - 00:12 CET

Hi everyone,

In the past few days I got four rejections due to the same very reason: Main object is not sharp / Main object is blurred.

When I see on the web the image which was rejected I have to agree with screeners’ judgment. But when I compare it with the original picture stored in my PC I can notice the difference in sharpness between both.

What may be happening to the picture loose its sharpness? The images I’ve uploaded were reduced to 1200 pixels observing “Bicubic (best for smooth gradients)” feature and “Save as… JPEG at maximum quality (12)”.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Eric Bley
Joined in May 2014
Posted 19 August 2015 - 17:32 CET

Try saving as Web, maybe this helps?

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 28 August 2015 - 19:33 CET

Sorry for taking so long to answer you. Thank you for your tip, Eric.

I tried "flatten image" instead of "merge visible" on PS6 and "save for web" instead of "save as". Apparently it gave me better results, but not always, sometimes it still happens for me to see a sharp image on my PC and a blurry one after uploading.

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 4 November 2015 - 12:08 CET

I always flatten image then save for web. Use max settings for JPEG, SRGB, optimized, and resize in the dialogue box using Bi-Cubic smoother. If it still looks blurry try setting size to 1024px across...if that doesn't work the problem may not be fixable

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 6 November 2015 - 17:52 CET

Thank you for your time and patience, Angelo. I am using flatten image and the maximum settings and I usually save them at 1200 pixels or eventually at 1400 pixels. But at the final edition I am saving two versions of the same picture, one resized as bicubic (best for smooth gradients) and the other one as bicubic sharper (best for reduction). I compare both and choose the best one.

I’ve also noticed that some of my RAW pictures where in fact (a little) blurry and it is almost impossible to get a sharp image from that original. My camera is a Canon 70D. In picture style I was using Neutral (“good for computer image editing”) but I noticed I got better results with “L” Landscape or “S” Standard. I am also using a monopod (sometimes a tripod) because 100-400mm II lens is really heavy.

Finally I was told to purchase a calibration tool for my monitor (a led LG 23MP55HQ with 2 X AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics cards which AMD software controls the video settings). In the USA it costs around US$ 100 but in Brazil the same device goes as high as US$ 300. I know it would be an useful tool but it will have to wait a little bit more to become reality. Best regards!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1489 (16 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.