Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » New Category Created by Screener

New Category Created by Screener

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 6 February 2016 - 23:44 CET

I am somewhat surprised to see a couple of screeners arbitrarily create a new category and place my photo there. I'm used to having some kind of a discussion either in private or via one of these forums.

I submitted a photo under the "aviation glamour" category. It was accepted and published (http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/665514/s2-ahc-regent-airways-aviation-glamour-flight-attendant/).

Here's the conversation the screeners decided to have between themselves:

=========================

TT - 5.2.2016, 05:54:58 CET

Second opinion. I wonder we need Aircraft Cabinview and/or Aviation Peope/Cabin Attendat (not glamour category for normal category) in addition to current pull down menu.

PB - 5.2.2016, 19:35:46 CET

I agree with first screener. Changed to: Flight Attendant

=========================

So my question is on what basis this decision was made? I have several photos published as "Aviation Glamour" all of which are in fact flight attendants. And if I'm not mistaken, a significantly large portion of all photos in that section are depicting flight attendants. So why was this particular photograph singled out by the two screener?

As a result of their action, the photograph does not show up in the "Aviation Glamour" section ... even though the title says, "Regent Airways - Aviation Glamour - Flight Attendant S2-AHC". Is this a technical glitch?

I'm confused.

Attached photos:

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 7 February 2016 - 09:12 CET

Hi Shabbir,

Men in your photo are quite 'dominant' hence it was considered as a photo of the crew rather than the AG picture. There is not a clear line and we try to judge the borderline cases carefully.

With regard to the Aviation Glamour - Flight Attendant category there seem to be more unclear types/operators and we will discuss this internally and come up with some solution.

Martin

This post has been edited by on 7th February 2016 - 09:12

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 7 February 2016 - 10:07 CET

mmmm.......so men cannot be put in the glamourdepartment.........female photographers what is your reaction?...;-)

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 7 February 2016 - 10:13 CET

We have also done some tidying up - we removed photos where the girl doesn't seem to know she was photographed (this applies mostly to older photos) or the photo is not 'sufficiently glamorous'. We will follow these rules in future.

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 7 February 2016 - 23:46 CET

Martin,

I appreciate the quick explanation. I am completely upfront about photographing cabin attendants. With so many scandals flying around in both North America and parts of Asia, sometimes its a small miracle that they even agree. Still, it's a fun hobby for most of us ... Thanks once again. Good luck with the re-org effort.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1413 (9 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.