Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Lens Auto Focus Fine Tune Software

Lens Auto Focus Fine Tune Software

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 11 February 2016 - 21:17 CET

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if any of you use a software to do auto focus fine tune for your camera-lens combinations. I had done auto focus fine tune on my Tamron 150-600mm lens with the Nikon D7000 and the improvements were clearly noticeable in results. I have since then got a D750 and switched to Sigma 150-600mm Sports; Sigma has its own USB dock and software to do the fine tuning and I plan on trying it out this weekend.

In the meantime, I've read some articles on various photography sites about software that does the whole thing for you. (Reikan FoCal .. http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/ ) is one such product. Some say it's great yet others express concern about its unreliability, customer unfriendliness/difficulty of communication due to it being a UK based company etc., Of course, personally I would prefer to deal with someone in the US if there's an equivalent alternative because of time zone compatibility, ease of phone calls to tech support etc., I would be interested to know if anyone has used this recently with their Nikon cameras. In addition to the two camera bodies I mentioned earlier, I have the following lenses: AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G ED; AF-S Nikkor 70-300. Perhaps these could benefit from some fine tuning?

In general, the 70-300mm has never really been a concern - or perhaps I never bothered to dig too deep. The wide angle 1.8 seems like a bit of a hit and miss ...

Looking forward to your thoughts, comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Shabbir

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1457 (15 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.