Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Too Dark

Too Dark

Rene Henckens 

Joined in June 2012
Posted 22 December 2016 - 22:57 CET

I'm usually not one to whine about pictures getting rejected. I have had many rejections and I usually accept them and learn from them, but this one keeps nagging on in my head. I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

This shot was initially rejected for "too dark". After an appeal I got the remark "Slightly dark. Composition with the clipped gear doesn't work for me"

Two things:

1: I know there is a dark part in the shot. But that bit is in the shadow on the underside of a plane. The strut looks properly exposed on my screen.

2: "Composition with the clipped gear doesn't work for me" sounds to me like a personal feeling. There are shots on here that I don't like the composition of, but -since it's about creative aviation photography- I think they should stay because they give an insight as to what the photographer likes to focus on. Rejecting a shot simply because you personally don't like the composition of seems a bit (here comes the whiny part) unfair.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

This is the shot in question:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-12/823687.jpg

Regards,

Rene

Sven Pferdmenges 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 22 December 2016 - 23:41 CET

Hi,

that's on of the main problems on here .. Some screeners like your kind of work, others don't .. I remember one shot who got rejected and after uploading one week later it become accepted - without editing.

In your shot I see the dark part, but as you already told it is nature given .. I also think this makes the picture even more vivid.

Greetings and merry X-Mas

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1599 (12 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.