Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » What tripod to use?

What tripod to use?

Dmitrii Ermakov
Joined in December 2015
Posted 26 May 2017 - 22:06 CET

Hello, I'm worried about my photos and videos being blurry as my hands are quite shaky and I decided to get a tripod.

I'm using a Canon EOS60D with a 70-200MM lens. I'm looking for a good tripod that can hold it and can fit into a small backpack (about 30cm). Price is less than $200 if possible. I went to the local store and the only tripods that were there were either too large or too weak. Thanks in advance.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 28 May 2017 - 15:11 CET

Hi Dmitrii

Have you ever considered using a monopod instead of a tripod?

Of course they have different purposes, but a monopod can give you more flexibility in the field, since you will not be able to deploy a tripod in every spotting place.

A monopod is also much cheaper and can really help you to get steady shots.

Best regards,

Ricardo

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 28 May 2017 - 16:15 CET

Dmitrii Ermakov u take a photo night ? In a day time no need a tripod.

Dmitrii Ermakov
Joined in December 2015
Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:50 CET

Catalin81, Yes, I plan on taking night photos and taking videos, and without a tripod, i tried, it doesn't work out.

Ricardo, thanks for the answer, I've never considered a monopod but i believe it will only take the weight off of my hands and not stabilise the image/video, the last being what i need to do.

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:11 CET

Hey!

I use this tripod:

https://www.amazon.de/Manfrotto-MT190XPRO4-Aluminium-Stativ-Segmenten/dp/B00FZLBVBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496160554&sr=8-1&keywords=manfrotto+190cxpro4

Of Course it costs Money, but youre tripod never gets outdated, and if you look after it, it will last you a Long time! Here a example night shot i did with this tripod: (I shoot with a 100-400mm Lens)

Attached photos:

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1551 (43 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.