Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Main object not sharp - What to do?

Main object not sharp - What to do?

Aron van Oort 

Joined in August 2016
Posted 18 July 2017 - 15:26 CET

Hi guys,

For a while all my photos are rejected with the comment ''Main object not sharp''.

Now can I imagine it with some pictures, but this photo (see photo in attach) is in my opinion sharp.

So I would like to know your opinion about the photo. I already use the sharpness tool.

Maybe some tips? Everything is welcome!

Thanks for the help!

Greets Aron.

Attached photos:

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:31 CET

I agree with the screeners, take a look on the wing, its obviously blurred. I donĀ“t know if you can fix this with sharpness, maybe just take another Image where the Wing isnt blurred.

Yours Kindly, Phillip Lewis

Eric_Oberhofer 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:25 CET

I agree with screeners, look at the wing and winglet and the engine is also a little bit blurred in my opinion...try to use the Nik Collection Sharpener Pro. (Tool for Photoshop)

Regards from Switzerland.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 22 July 2017 - 13:47 CET

Hi,

try 1280px size (on the longer side), and use the Sharpener Pro, as Eric suggested. It can help, maybe wing will still be a little bit blurry, but I think it has a chance to be accepted in smaller size and more sharpened.

Aron van Oort 

Joined in August 2016
Posted 25 July 2017 - 19:01 CET

Hi Phillip, Eric and Karol,

Thanks a lot for your opinions and tips.

Have nothing to lose so I am going to try to sharpen the image and reduce it to 1280 pixels.

Regards, Aron.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 25 July 2017 - 22:37 CET

I suggest you should first reduce size to 1280px and then use Sharpener Pro. Reversed sequence may result in oversharpening. Consider light noise reduction after using Sharpener Pro, having in mind it likes making some grain.

Generally, there are as many sharpening ideas as members on this site, so just try different methods and finally you'll work out your own sharpening style.

Good luck and good night ;)

Aron van Oort 

Joined in August 2016
Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:32 CET

Thank you for mention that, I almost did it in the wrong order.

I am working on another method for sharpening, because the Sharper Pro creates indeed some grain. But I am sure I will find a new method someday!

Thanks again for the help Karol and have a good day! ;-)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1617 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.