Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Could anyone help me with those pictures?

Could anyone help me with those pictures?

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:38 CET

Those pictures got rejected because they aren't sharp.

In the A320 picture screeners also said that the fuselage is clipped...

How could i post produce the photos?

Attached photos:

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:38 CET

Second picture.

Attached photos:

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 22 August 2015 - 18:41 CET

That Means that the whites are too high, you need to look at the histogram and you will find that the highlights are clipped. Then try to fix by lowering the highlights a bit so that the exposure on the fuselage will not be over exposed. In photoshop you can try to fix this from levels.

Hope this helps.

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:16 CET

Thank you Ray!

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:00 CET

up

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 24 August 2015 - 21:17 CET

Do you still need assistance with the pictures ?

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 24 August 2015 - 22:07 CET

Yes, because i'm not sure about my post producing work!

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:45 CET

OK, I will try to do it.

As Ray explained here above, the main issue is coming from the whites in your pictures (especially the first one).

If you take a look at the fuselage of the 747, you can see the whites are "blown-out" or "clipped", in other words, whites are too white or too bright; you are loosing information in the specific zones where the whites are clipped.

I do not know if you are shooting in raw or jpeg nor which photo software you are using

and it's not easy to give you some advise without that information.

I will be happy to help you if you can give me that info.

Sam.

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:38 CET

Thank you very much Murmeldeier :)

I'm actually using Photoshop CC and I shot RAW.

Screeners also said that the fuselage is clipped and the image is not sharp, is it recoverable?

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:26 CET

I think so.

Unfortunately I am at the office for the moment and do not have access to PSP. (and therefore giving you a detailed explanation will be a little bit tricky).

The clipped areas and the lack of sharpness are linked; you cannot get something sharp in a zone where there is no detail (the zones where the whites are blown out).

The only way to recover the image is to rework from the beginning, .i.e. the RAW file.

First thing to do is to reduce the "whites level".

When you open the raw with Adobe Camera Raw, you should have 2 little "triangles" on the left and on the right of the picture allowing you to see the clipped areas (the left for the black and the right for the whites); blown out whites are normally shown in red in the picture.

In order to reduce the whites, either move the "exposure" cursor or the "white" cursor to the left till you do not see anymore "red" zones in the picture.

When you are satisfied with the picture (colors, exposure), open the file in Photoshop (do not apply any sharpness or noise reduction in camera raw).

For the next steps, try to do what you were normally doing in photoshop (levels, contrast, resizing, noise reduction, sharpness etc ...) and tell me if you see any difference with the picture you posted.

Cesare Berlusconi 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 25 August 2015 - 14:02 CET

Thank you very much Sam! I'll try again ;)

Garfield Moreton
Joined in February 2014
Posted 9 November 2015 - 22:27 CET

Howcome you say not to sharpen in RAW?

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1470 (24 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.